Our Coffee Shop
We make coffee because we love it. We love cake even more. We only make food that we love; it includes lots of vegitarian and vegan options. And we serve it all with passion. If it's not for you, then that's ok.
The Green Wood Centre, Coalbrookdale, where we are located, was built in 1998 as an energy-efficient and sustainably sourced education and office facility by The Green Wood Trust. A café was added a while later which we took over as a small family-run business in 2016 after years of searching for the perfect location. The site is the home of The Small Woods Association, and we're sure you'll love this unique woodland location as much as we do.
We look forward to welcoming you to our coffee shop retreat
- Jody-Lea (the Daughter), Jason (the Dad) & Michelle (the Mum) & the rest of The Lodge Team
We're aware of some SatNavs directing users to a nearby 'Station Road' in Madeley, Telford. If you find yourselves lost, use postcode TF8 7EG which will take you to Dale End Car Park near the south end of Station Road. From here you can park and walk up the road or follow the signs for 'Green Wood Centre/Small Woods/The Green Wood Café' to park here on-site.
Alternatively, good old fashioned maps work well too...
both here at The Green Wood Café and at The Green Wood Centre
You'll find us doing our usual thing 08:30-17:00 Tuesday to Sunday, and all Bank Holiday Mondays. We sometimes have daytime and evening events on too. Read on for more.
Here is a quick overview of our regular events at the café, see the calendar below (or this list HERE) for all events on:
- Street Food Evenings - once a month, 6-9pm.
- Board Games Night - A social night of boardgames, held every 2nd Wednesday of the month, 6-9pm (double check events calendar below just in case of a date change!).
- Spanish Conversation Night - Learning Spanish? Want to practice? A new group of likeminded people will be meeting on the 4th Tuesday of every month. First one was the 28th March, next one is Date TBC, 6-7.30pm. Please note, this is not a lesson and is very much self-guided.
- Origami Workshops - Because, why not? Every last Thursday of the month come try your hand at paper folding, all levels welcome.
Some other things:
- Day of the Decaf Film Festival... We're VERY excited to be involved in this project. But we need people power to make our short film happen! Are you in? ⚡️Actors & Extras⚡️Film Makers ⚡️Costume & Makeup Designers⚡️Script Writers ⚡️etc needed... Get in touch or drop by if you think you can help!
- Pop Up Shops - We have held a number of Pop Up Shops since we opened, and we are always welcome to new ideas. Get in touch if you'd like to host something!
- Crochet, Coffee and Cakes Club (externally organised) meets every Thursday at 11:00 for two hours here at the coffee lodge, feel free to join them (note they are currently on a summer break).