Our Coffee Shop
We make coffee because we love it. We love cake even more. We only make food that we love; it includes lots of vegitarian and vegan options. And we serve it all with passion. If it's not for you, then that's ok.
The Green Wood Centre, Coalbrookdale, where we are located, was built in 1998 as an energy-efficient and sustainably sourced education and office facility by The Green Wood Trust. A café was added a while later which we took over as a small family-run business in 2016 after years of searching for the perfect location. The site is the home of The Small Woods Association, and we're sure you'll love this unique woodland location as much as we do.
We look forward to welcoming you to our coffee shop retreat
- Jody-Lea (the Daughter), Jason (the Dad) & Michelle (the Mum) & the rest of The Lodge Team
We're aware of some SatNavs directing users to a nearby 'Station Road' in Madeley, Telford. If you find yourselves lost, use postcode TF8 7EG which will take you to Dale End Car Park near the south end of Station Road. From here you can park and walk up the road or follow the signs for 'Green Wood Centre/Small Woods/The Green Wood Café' to park here on-site.
Alternatively, good old fashioned maps work well too...
both here at The Green Wood Café and at The Green Wood Centre
You'll find us doing our usual thing 08:30-17:00, 7 days a week. We sometimes have daytime and evening events on too. Read on for more.
Here is a quick overview of our regular events at the café, see the calendar below (or this list HERE) for all events on:
- Street Food Evenings: on some Fridays 5-9pm (check the calender for dates). Vegan and gluten-free friendly
(we're looking for vegan street food traders for 2018, if you're a trader and interested please do get in touch if for more details)
- Sunday Brunch Chill at the Lodge: brunch, coffee, cake and smooth sounds... every few Sundays, check our calender for dates!
(We're looking for local jazz/blues/soul artists/bands to play, get in touch if it sounds like your kind of thing!)
- Monthly Late Night Opening & Hobby Night - Board Games, Crafts, Food, Drink...
Get Social, relax on your own, play games, bring along your crafting... however to choose to spend the evening - make it your time.
Some other things:
- Pop Up Shops - We have held a number of Pop Up Shops since we opened, and we are always welcome to new ideas. Get in touch if you'd like to host something!